2 Bunches of Broccoli
½ cup of butter
3 cups of old or medium cheddar cheese
3 cups of milk
5 Tablespoons of flour
1 half of an onion
1 Tablespoon of Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
2. In a sauce pan, heat butter and sauté onion until transparent (Approx. 5 minutes) on medium heat. Reduce heat and add flour to make a thick paste. Add all of the milk. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken. Once it is thick add 2 ½ cups of cheese into the mixture, continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted.
3. While the cheese sauce is cooking, cut the broccoli into florets, and bring to a boil. Cook until the broccoli is still semi hard. Strain and pour into the casserole dish.
4. Add the Cheese sauce to the broccoli and mix together. Add the remaining cheese to the top of the casserole.
5. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, and uncovered for 10 minutes, so the cheese can become golden.
1-3 court casserole
* For a twist on the recipe, you can add a box of packaged Stuffing mix to the bottom of the casserole dish, and put the broccoli casserole on top. It makes a heartier dish.