This is a delicious side to any meal!
1 Package of Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes
½ Cup butter
2 Cans of Reduced Sodium Reduced Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup of milk
1 Cup of 1% Sour Cream
1 Whole Onion
2 Cups of Old Cheddar Cheese
1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon of Paprika
1 ½ Teaspoons of Sage or Poultry Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
2. In a sauce pan, heat butter and sauté onion until transparent (Approx. 5 minutes) on medium heat. Begin to add both cans of Cream of Chicken Soup, and the 1 cup of milk.
3. Stirring constantly on medium heat, make sure that the soup is heated thoroughly. Add about a cup and a half of cheese, black pepper, paprika, and sage.
4. When the cheese is fully melted into the soup mixture, take off the heat and begin to add slowly to the hash browns. When it is fully mixed, add the cup of sour cream and stir it into the potatoes as well.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake covered in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the hash browns are fully cooked.
1-3 quart casserole